herpes misdiagnosis?

I have heard of people being misdiagnosed with herpes before and I want to know what you all think about my situation.

2 years ago, I was having severe ovary pain and went to the ER and was diagnosed with herpes. I had no sores/blisters at that time, the only thing they had to say that I had it was the blood work. Since then, I have never had any symptoms or outbreaks. I have many ovarian problems and get checked a lot more than normal, plus i'm pregnant and get checked quite often and never has an outbreak been present at these checks.

I have had sex with ONE person, and he has only been with one other and used a condom and had been tested after being with her. He came up clear at that time. Granted that was 5 years ago that he was tested...I truly believe he's only had one partner other than myself.

Do you think I could have been wrongly diagnosed? Should I go and get tested again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Health

• I have a friend who was misdiagnosed with herpes. It was very sad, because when she found out she gather all her closest girlfriends together and told us, we all hugged and cried. Then she had to tell her then boyfriend, she did, and they still got married. About 4 years after the original dx, the dr told her that wasn't what she had, it was diabetes, and complications from that is what caused the herpes symptoms!! She lived with thinking she had herpes for 4 long years.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 8:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Oh my gosh.. your poor friend!!.. As for the OP.. yes get tested again.
    CoolGirlChris

Answer by CoolGirlChris at 11:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• If they had done a culture then I would say no, however, I'd get tested again because you haven't had an outbreak.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 11:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I was told by my OB that I had herpes a few months ago when I was pregnant. I'm glad my kids father was ther when she said it so I wouldn't have to explain it to him. I had never had an outbreak or any symptoms that I noticed when she told me I was in her office bawling. When I went into labor and they started with all the questions I told them about my dx with herpes. After they did the bloodwork that they do during labor the doctor said there was no sigh of herpes wtf? I don't know what is going on but I'm going to see my regular doctor about this to make sure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Jul. 10, 2009