Ever gotten pregnant with an IUD?

Not sure where to put this, but I'm stressing myself out. I had a pregnancy scare (most likely a m/c) in January, and made an appt to place my IUD for February. Before I could make it, I had another scare. It seems nothing I do to prevent it works! In Jan, it was the day before my period so I figured we were more than safe, but we used the rhythm method anyway. Nope, BFP 8 days later. So I haven't been active since I got it in due to him being out of town. Until yesterday. Now it's been 5 months since I got it, and I'm just stressing. Again, I should be ovulating soon and we still used the rhythm method, but hey it's been a while and I guess I could say we kinda missed a couple times. I don't totally trust my IUD simply because I tend to get pregnant from a sneeze or dirty look. I'm stressing. Can anyone give any kind of advice, good or bad? I really just wanna hear the truth, whatever that may be

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes you CAN Get pregnant with an IUD.. . the chances aren't that high but it can happen. . .i've known several ladies that have. . the thing is if you have it. . a lot of times with an IUD it can be etopic. . .or other problems. i hope everything is ok.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 8:55 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• My mom did, that is why I am here! lol They were worried when she got pregnant that it was etopic at first because as the pp said that happens a lot with iuds. But everything turned out to be fine.
    Anonymous

• I know it happens, that's why I'm worried lol. I have that kind of bad luck....
    Anonymous