Anyone get pregnant with an IUD?

Not sure where to put this, but I'm stressing myself out. I had a pregnancy scare (most likely a m/c) in January, and made an appt to place my IUD for February. Before I could make it, I had another scare. It seems nothing I do to prevent it works! In Jan, it was the day before my period so I figured we were more than safe, but we used the rhythm method anyway. Nope, BFP 8 days later. So I haven't been active since I got it in due to him being out of town. Until yesterday. Now it's been 5 months since I got it, and I'm just stressing. Again, I should be ovulating soon and we still used the rhythm method, but hey it's been a while and I guess I could say we kinda missed a couple times. I don't totally trust my IUD simply because I tend to get pregnant from a sneeze or dirty look. I'm stressing. Can anyone give any kind of advice, good or bad? I really just wanna hear the truth, whatever that may be

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I got pregnant on Mirena....BUT they do tell you its less effective if you haven't given birth before and at that point I hadn't. I then got pregnant again on Depo and had a m/c. I'm now on Paraguard (the copper IUD) and so far so good but I still have my fingers crossed. I check when I'm ovulating and we use condoms just in case. We're both just way too fertile apparently.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 8:28 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I have never heard of a pregnancy with an IUD, even if you get preg. the IUD is designed to thin your uterus lining (you won't be able to carry the preg. and it will discharge).
    I hated my IUD. Good Luck.
    southernstyle88

Answer by southernstyle88 at 8:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Oh yes, women do get pregnant on the IUD, and most carry to term. I feel so stupid lol
    Anonymous