WILL TCH BE IN MY SYSTEM

I WENT TO VISIT A FRIEND. I HAD TO GO TO THE BATHROOM WHICH IS RIGHT BY THE LIVINGROOM, MY SO CALLED FRIEND STARTED SMOKING POT I AM WONDERING IF ME JUST BEING AROUND THEM WHILE THEY WAS SMOKING IF IT WILL BE IN MY SYSTEM. I LEFT AS SOON AS I SMELLED IT. BUT FROM ME WALKING THROUGH THE ROOM WILL IT HURT ME OR MY UNBORN CHILDREN?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well I hope this person isnt your friend anymore, but its highly doubtfull its in your system, or hurting your baby- stay away from that house, and stay away from THC, most hospitals are doing drug testing now a days!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 8:42 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• 2nd hand pot smoke can contain a little THC but I don't think you need to worry.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 8:43 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• No you and the baby should be fine if you left when they started doing it! Now if you stayed or are around it all of the time than yes THC can be in your system.

SD777

Answer by SD777 at 8:43 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• No no no. There is little to know THC is secondhand smoke! My brother was on probation when we were younger and the probation officer explained to him that the only way THC can be in your system without you personally smoking it is if you were in a closed car, for 24 hours, with 4 other people smoking marijuana constantly. So no, it won't hurt you OR your baby.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 8:49 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• You're fine. No worries =)
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 9:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• it's THC not TCH and no it's not in your system unless you were smoking and didnt tell us and it didn't hurt your baby, not even if you did smoke it

stress however will hurt your baby
    Anonymous

• i would say you are fine. I hope if this person is still your friend, you have told them they are not to smoke around you. I can understand, i hate it when people smoke around me not prego (i never have and never will), and where I live it is perfectly normal to be walking down the street and come accross a couple people smoking. regular cigaretts are bad enough but the smell of pot makes me want to puke lol
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 9:22 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Anabell is correct. My brother was told, one person smoking with you in a closed closet for 7 hours would do it.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 7:19 AM on Jul. 10, 2009