Do you know anyone who smoked while pregnant and their baby had health issues because of it?

I don't smoke and I'm not pregnant so save your bashing. Just asking, it seems like everyone says all the babies came out fine.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• no
    Anonymous

• Nope. My son's fine!
    Anonymous

• I dont know if this was a factor but my friend did and she told me that about a month after he was born he came down with a major respitory infection
    Anonymous

• Nope, he's healthy as can be
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 8:51 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I know of one who daughter turned out fine but several thats children were on breathing treatments. It was so said I remember being at my friends nephew 1st birthday and having to watch him get hooked up to a machine while all the little kids played. Its just sad!!!
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 8:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• yes my sis in law and the baby has to take breathing treatments.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 9:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Nope.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:08 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• one of my friends smoked all nine months and her son was born with jaundice, has had numerous ear infections and eventually tubes, and when he was smaller he had rsv. he still has to have breathing treatments at 18 months.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 9:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I have a few friends that smoked and all their kids were born small and have asthma as well as other respiratory problems. Which they could also have by breathing in that second hand smoke their whole lives.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:15 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Everybody I know that has kids (except maybe 2 people) smoked while they were pregnant, most of them smoking quite alot. Honestly their babies were and are healthier than the ones I know that didn't smoke. My baby was the same way. Hell, even my doctors told me that it wouldn't really hurt the baby unless I was smoking SEVERAL packs a day and that she was only encouraging me to quit because it was bad for me.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:15 PM on Jul. 9, 2009