OK so I get this weird Email (Avon reps) I need your help

Ok so I got an emil from a person that wants to orderHello,

Thanks for your response and i really appreciate it , My name is Julianal. I am a a single Mother of 3 kids . I got your contact from Avon and I would like to
purchase this Items with you on a dealership and not with the company cos i am new to Avon website and i don't operate credit card i don't even make use of credit card at all,
that is why am dealing direct with you .

All the product i want to order from you is for personal use, I will want you to get back to me with the total cost of the listed item i want to
order from you. But we can have a good communication via email because am a computer person and i also make use of relay calls service.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• 7 Pieces of ANEW REJUVENATE 24 Hour Eye Moisturizer SPF 25
    - 6 Pieces of ANEW FORCE EXTRA Triple Lifting Night Cream
    - 8 Pieces of ANEW CLINICAL Advanced Wrinkle Corrector
    - 6 Pieces of ANEW ULTIMATE Age Repair Elixir
    Anonymous

• Please kindly let me know if there is any discount you want to give me on my first order, and also you don't need to worry about the shipping and the pick up of the order from
    your location that will be handle through my Shipper after you have receive the funds for the order. And as for the payment , i will be paying you through a Bank Check. I will
    want you to get back to me with your full Name and Address including your phone number, so that i can arrange on how the payment will be mail out to your address for the
    order through my financial bank . i do live in Torrance Cali,so that is why i don't want you to worry yourself about the shipping,
    Email me the following
    Anonymous

• Name...........
    address........................
    City.................
    State.................
    Zipcode.................................
    thanks am waiting to hear back from you asap...

Thanks and i await for your response..
    Anonymous

• When I was a rep I got an e-mail like this, most likely it is a scam. I would write a simple response explaining that you will only take orders face to face or through your website (assuming you have one).
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 8:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• ~OP Ok i thought so thanks dedicatedrider
    Anonymous

• No problem. This seems relatively common as my Mother-In-Law who is also a rep received a similar e-mail as well.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 8:55 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I get e-mails like that all the time. I respond to them explaining how they can either order with me face to face if they're in the area, or they can order online using a credit card, debit card or pre-paid credit/debit card. Usually they don't reply to that lol. I can send you a copy of my responses, if you'd like.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:13 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• ~ok that would be nice I guess I don't need to hide behind the anon LOL sorry. She has My cell number and email address now its a signature on my email for my avon stuff ugh!!!
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 9:16 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Definitely a scam! I get similar emails all the time. I seriously dislike these scammers.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:44 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• NO NO NO!!! Our district has sent out letters to the reps many times warning of these... Send her an email with your website if you have one, she can place the order there or not at all...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:55 AM on Jul. 10, 2009