Need some advice...

I have been chatting with someone from eharmony since June 29th. We've been sending emails only about 4 or 5 a night since then. A couple of nights ago he gave me his phone number and asked me out for drinks, dinner or a movie whenever I have free time. I haven't called him yet but I'm wondering if anyone thinks that's too soon to give out his phone number? No bashing please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• I think it's too soon to be meeting up with him for drinks....but not to call and chat on the phone.
    Anonymous

• Well I mean that's what the site is for right?? To find someone to date?? I would just make sure we met in a really public place, you know, for safety reasons.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 9:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• It was about 2 weeks and speaking once a day when we first met... we went mini golfing... i'm on eharmony too..
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 9:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Well, it's mid-July almost, so that's a couple weeks, or close to it. I don't think talking on the phone would be a bad thing. I don't know that I'd be ready to meet him for drinks or something just yet, maybe give it another couple of weeks at least of talking on the phone first.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I met my husband through a personals site. We talked online and on the phone for about a month or so before we met in person. If you're uncomfortable with the phone situation then you call him and dont give him your number yet. I think meeting in a public place is a good idea. There were so many men that I talked to and thought I would really like, but as soon as we met or talked on the phone I realized that nothing was there.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 6:24 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• yeah unfortunately these days, there's caller id so even if i didn't give him my number, as soon as i call him he's got my number...maybe i'll send him an email letting him know what I'm thinking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Jul. 10, 2009