• In the Spotlight:

Constantly itchy "down there".

It is the outside of the outer lips that is itchy, not the inside, so I doubt it is a yeast infection. Neither of us have had other partners for several years (we have an open marriage, so there is no reason to lie about sleeping with some one else I suppose).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• keep it clean and dry, wash with antimicrobial soap and stay away from scented pantyliners and only wear cotton underwear. still itchy, go to the obgyn. i'm sorry your vagina is itchy, just don't scratch it constantly like men do their balls.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:27 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• don't have to sleep with someone else to get a yeast infection the only time I get them is when I'm preggers
    Anonymous

• Lol! that is what made me realize I had a problem, because my man said "why you always adjusting your balls?"
    Anonymous

• I had that in my second trimester, DONT SCRATCH IT. mine got sooo bad, my lips were all cut up from scratching and it spread- it was a secondary yeast infection and its caused by sweat.
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 9:30 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I had that happen to me but I never know what it was... I agree though scratching will only make matters worse.
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 9:57 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• OMG I would love to have the answer to this myself. Do you have an IUD? Mine started in December when I got the Mirena and I think I'm allergic to it. I don't think I've ever had a yeast infection, so I don't think it's that. Mine is at the point where I'm like bleeding down there all the time because it's so raw from scratching. I've tried everything from vaginal creams and stuff to hemorrhoid creams and gels, I've switched brands of lotion, toilet paper, detergent, etc. and nothing helps. I can't have any kind of sex now because it's so bad.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:59 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I got like that with my first pregnancy and I had to change what underwear I was wearing. Oddly enough I couldn't wear cotton underwear even though it is to be breathable. I asked my doctor about it and he said it could be my laundry detergent, sometimes things you have used for years can cause irritation down there since your hormones have changed. But I figured out the underwear thing before I changed laundry detergent.
    Anonymous

• I had something similar recently and my doc said I did infact have a minor yeast infection. try using an anti-fungal cream or eat lots of yogurt.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 11:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I had really bad itching on the outside as well and the doctor did an exam and I had a yeast infection. I would have it checked. I am 25 weeks pregnant.
    Anonymous