Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what should i do?

me and my husband going trough very difficult time..our marrige is not good anymore both of us do whatever.He is over protective with our daughter and try to controll me and be a smart ass..He is calling me names and always coming w/my mother... his family italian but they not the very family orianted one..anybody in this family just about them..i know he had a terrible child hood with his father..
very stabern,agressive,over sensitive he don't know what is raising a child always do oppisite as i do...i can't talk to anybody not even to his mother she don't really care anyway...selfhis..just want for my daughte the best
what should i do?i feel hopless

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (4)
  • taking legal action may be a good route... you can file for divorce and if you suspect that its not a good situation for your child to be with him you can file for custody... many lawyers will provide advice over the phone and can really help..

    Answer by Mamakat90 at 9:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

  • hi,
    thank you for the answer probably should do it but i have no place to go i am not working ,stay at home mom..nobody knowes about how his like to live with ..even his mother..we only married 5 years..and we just had a baby 9 moths ago..i wan t to leave but i need a job,and where i gnna put my baby?i do not have money for babysitter daycare etc.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

  • You need to call a womens' shelter in your area and tell them you're husband is verbally abusive and you need assistance. They can provide you with shelter and babysitting. They will assist you in applying for state assistance (like food stamps) and they also help you apply for a job. Call them as soon as possible. Do you have family you can move in with? If so, I'd highly recommend contacting them and asking them if you can live with them until you get back on your feet.

    Answer by CoolGirlChris at 10:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

  • You may be able to stay in your home and your husband has to leave. I called the police once when my husband threw thing around the house and he left befor the police came. I filed for legal separation the next day (I was pregnant and couldn't file for divorce) and I got to stay in the house and he had to make the house payments until the divorce was final. That ended up being a year and a half.

    I'm so sorry for you. It's so hard when you have a baby to take of. Of course you don't want to send your baby to day care. If you stay he may end up hurting you or your baby.

    Answer by Gailll at 6:49 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.