Streaching Skin

I have been having this numbing in my belly. My whole stomach is just numb and today my doctor tells me it is because there is no room left and my skin is streached to the max and it is my nerves that are making it numb. But she didnt say much else about it. Has anyone had this happen? Im wanting to know does this go away after you have the baby or does it stay like this forever oh by the way im 38 weeks and 2 days prego.

2009mommytobe

Asked by 2009mommytobe at 9:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I didn't have that happen but I'd listen to what your doctor says and if you have more questions about it just call her up and ask her. by the way CONGRATS and GOOD LUCK!!
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 9:55 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Yes, i streched to the max as well. Just bare with it because it's almost over. If you don't already have streach marks, make sure to use coco butter creams etc. to help prevent them. After you have the baby, your body over time will get back to normal. Well, you might have have the most perky boobs, or the flattest tummy, but you'll feel normal again. It's a wonderful thing being a mother. We go through a lot to have these babies, but it sure is worth it.
    princessj05

Answer by princessj05 at 10:08 PM on Jul. 9, 2009