What age do you think is the best...

or you will consider to leave your kids in daycare or babysitter... im thinking on going back to school part time, but i was never confortable leaving my kid with anybody besides her dad or my mother, so i thought it will be ok when she starts talking and potty trainned, what do you guys think???

chixgbk

Asked by chixgbk at 9:38 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I say take online classes...thats what I am going to do next year
    Anonymous

• You should just be very picky when you choose someone else to watch your baby. I never let my baby's go to in home child care because there is only one person and you really don't know what is going on. I choose a daycare facility because there are so many other staff there and if one of the staff cant handle my child another one could, plus now they have cameras in alot of daycares now and you can actually get on the Internet and watch your child and see whats going on. Just be very choosy and you should be able to walk into any daycare at ant time to see how it is ran. So if you do choose to put her in daycare don't ask to make an appt. just show up.If you do choose in home childcare do background checks and on facilities make sure they are certified by the state and health department. Good luck

SD777

Answer by SD777 at 9:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Just make sure you find a babysitter or daycare center that you are comfortable with. It'll be good for your child to have that time with other people and children. and you'll be surprised at the things your child will learn. As far as the above comment as taking online classes, i dunno, i'm a full time college student. I attend on campus and have taken some online classes as well. It's really nice (for me) to be in a classroom setting with a teacher one on one and other students. It's a great way to make new friends as well. You'll find that you'll need time outside of class to study (a lot if you're like me) and the daycare center/babysitter can help fill in these needs too. Also, after the children go to bed is a great time to study, even though you'll be tired! Coffee and energy drinks is a must for college lol
    princessj05

Answer by princessj05 at 10:05 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I'm waiting until my children are in preschool.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 11:07 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• If you are nervous about putting your child in daycare, start by contacting your local child care license office. They can let you know what offenses if any the childcare has had. How long they have been in business and how many children they are supposed to keep. Then visit the facility. After you have chosen the facility start by taking them for just a couple hours. My sons first daycare I would just drop by, and any good daycare won't mind.
    EthansMom0906

Answer by EthansMom0906 at 10:35 PM on Jul. 10, 2009