What's a good shopping cart cover?

I'm looking for one that fits both regular shopping carts as well as the larger warehouse carts.

momsc

Asked by momsc at 9:43 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• I love my Floppy Seat. It works in the bigger carts and restaurant high chairs too. My daughter is three and we still use it occasionally. She was a 26 week preemie, so she does not need to be exposed to every germ out there, despite what other people may think. Mine was a shower gift, but I would have gladly paid the $40 for it myself.
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 12:35 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Save your money...they are useless. I used mines once, and my daughter is now 12 months old.
    Anonymous

• why would you cover a shopping cart?

Answer by rkoloms at 11:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• To help minimize baby's contact with germs and bacteria found on shopping carts.
    momsc

Answer by momsc at 1:51 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I bought one to use with my daughter and I used it once. It was REALLY a pain in the butt. I paid almost $40 for it and it was a waste of money.

I DID use it with my son, but for a different purpose. He had trouble staying upright while sitting up in the cart, so the cover worked perfectly to keep him from slipping. :) It was still a pain, but I used it for a few weeks.

To be honest, if you're freaked about germs, it's much easier to just wipe the seat of the cart down with antibacterial wipes. Once they just start wanting to chew on the bar, you can just wipe that part down...

Personally, I think that some contact with germs is good for them. They build up a tolerance and they don't get sick every time they come in contact with a bug. And they WILL come in contact with them...
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:13 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Babies need to come into contact with germs. Your body cannot build a defense if it is never exposed. save your money
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:30 AM on Jul. 10, 2009