Is Nancy Pelosi and a few other dems racist?

Sheila Jackson Lee D-Texas sponsered a resolution for Michael Jackson. Nancy Pelosi shut it down.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090709/ap_en_ce/us_pelosi_michael_jackson

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 9:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Just because they shut it doesn't mean they are racist. I'm still lost as to what exactly Sheila Jackson wanted to do.
    Dylansmom32509

Answer by Dylansmom32509 at 9:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I don't know if it's because they are racist, but maybe more because of his alleged child molestations. I'm a Michael Jackson fan, hardcore, so don't bash, but i do think that my be why it was shut down. Along with some of his other questionable behaviors that was put in the papers, internet, and etc.
    princessj05

Answer by princessj05 at 9:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I am no fan of Nancy, but I don't think we can call her a racist just on not going for a Michael Jackson Resolution.
    Anonymous

• And Sheila just wanted to have him honored by the US government as a humanitarian for all of his donations and hard work for charities already established, and the ones that he had created himself. I believe he is in Guinness as the pop star that had donated the most money to charities.
    princessj05

Answer by princessj05 at 9:58 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• That's really harsh to call someone a racist just b/c they didn't support this going through! Wow, I mean, he did have quite a controversial history, ya know. But no, it cannot be that, it has to be that she is racist.
    Anonymous

• How does that make someone racist??
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• It is actually the first thing I think Pelosi has done right.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 10:43 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I'm still lost as to what exactly Sheila Jackson wanted to do.

I don't think she did, either. She first introduced it after the Cap & Trade vote, AFTER all but about a dozen congressmen had left (including Frau Pelosi). That day or week was some sort of "official" day - black music month or something about Motown, I didn't quite catch it, but several reps got up and talked about it and mentioned it before they went into their whole spiel about other things. When she stood up, she said she intended to introduce a resolution honoring the man. That was all she said about it, and it was completely inappropriate in terms of the other conversation going on at the time. She left right after that. I think she just had it in her head that she was in congress and she was going to do something to honor him.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:53 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• That's really harsh to call someone a racist just b/c they didn't support this going through!

It's the same accusation thrown at people who disagree with Obama around here every day. It's no more harsh when it's aimed at a Dem for a change.
    Anonymous

• Racist? Why?
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:55 PM on Jul. 9, 2009