mixing stuff in with cereal?

Do you mix anything in with your baby's cereal?
I mushed up a little banana in with it and she seemed to like it, she wasn't really into just mushed up banana...she's only been having cereal for about 2 weeks now.
What else could I mix in with it? Or should I just keep it plain for a bit longer?
Thanks!

BambiF

Asked by BambiF at 9:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I mixed cereal in with any of her fruit or veggie purees. She liked them better that way.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 9:49 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• well how old is she?
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 9:50 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• once they were older I'd put apples, pears and other stuff into the cereal. carrots too....
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:50 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I started mixing applesauce, bananas, and other baby foods with my son's cereal after he had been having plain cereal for about a week or two. It's a good way to get them used to new foods!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 9:50 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Are you talking baby cereal? I used to give my babies a bowl of rice or oatmeal cereal and a jar of baby fruit. And when they have most of their cereal or fruit gone, i'd just mix the rest together. So they'd have all kinds of different fruity flavors for breakfast. I use to mush bananas as well, only in the cereal, my babies didn't like mused bananas by themselves
    princessj05

Answer by princessj05 at 9:55 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• she's 4 and a half months. So yes, baby rice cereal :)
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 9:58 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• and please don't tell me no solids till 6 months. My doctor(and my home visitor/public health nurse) said it was fine to start now, I trust him/and her. And she really likes it, I only give her about one table spoon in the evening around dinner time.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 9:59 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I mixed baby food with rice cereal all the time....
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I mix with any fruit or vegetable dd already accustomed too. I also mix it in with her formula that's been made according to the directions.
    momsc

Answer by momsc at 10:03 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• you can put just about any of the pureed foods in with it it helps to stretch teh jars of food as well as give some texture. You can also use apple or pear juice instead of water and formula. They usually like that better. Jsut remember only one new food at a time. Give at least three days between introducing new foods so if she has an allergic reaction you will know what it was to
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 10:15 PM on Jul. 9, 2009