Do you believe in the spirits like the one in the movie The Unborn?

Or is it just superstitious nonsense?

NuMommy87

Asked by NuMommy87 at 9:54 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• yes i believe in spirits but i watched that movie half awake an di dont remember it lol
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 10:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I haven't seen the movie yet. But from what I understand of it yes. I believe in reincarnation. So is a spirit a person before that person is born? Yes, they have a personality and the spirit in consious... But as I said I haven't seen this movie, which I am sure is 90% fiction, so I can't comment on the exact story line of where this spirit came from, just what I think the movie is about.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:15 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I didn't see the movie but I do believe in spirits. The Bible says that the devil was cast out of heaven and a third of the angels went with him. They exist somewhere so, yes....
    Necie11

Answer by Necie11 at 10:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I haven't seen the movie either, but from what I have seen in previews, it doesn't show what I believe spirits are capable of. I do not believe that spirits can possess another person without the persons consent. But, I do believe in spirits.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:44 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I especially don't believe in spirits of people who were never born from the womb, yet appear as a normal child/teen/adult, fully clothed appropriately for the time.
    Movies aside, I believe in wights, which are nothing like ghosts or spirits as most people describe them. I don't think my dad is wandering around his slum of an apartment since he died there last year.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I haven't seen the movie. I do believe in spirits and I agree 100% with spiritguide23.
    momof3t

Answer by momof3t at 10:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I believe in spirits.. but I can't compare what I believe spirits to be to the movie "unborn" since I haven't seen it yet. Feel free to pm me with any questions about the paranormal though :). I've studied them since I was a kid. I can also recommend some books for you to read that may explain a lot of questions you may have.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:57 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I think someone of the Jewish faith would be able to answer. The dybbuk is from Jewish mythology, but I'm uncertain as to whether or not anyone believes them to be real.

KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 12:27 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• idk about the movie or care about the movie but yes there is. There are demons which are just like angels. they are satans angels and carry out what the devil instructs them to do. there are angels of God as well that carry out the plans that God has. it says in epesians 6: 10 i think or somewhere in epesians that we do not fight against flesh and blood but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
    waytruthlife

Answer by waytruthlife at 2:08 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Pure hollywood. Spirits that malevolent wouldn't be let loose long enough. And the premise is fiction to begin with. Only one way to get to this side and that's NOT it!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 2:48 PM on Jul. 10, 2009