I can't get my daughter to stop eating our dogs food! Is it really bad for her??

I always catch my 15 month old next to the dog bowls ready to put it in her mouth. I've caught her sucking on a few of them. I'm always telling her it's bad for her and saying "NO, don't eat the dogs food, it's caka!" Caka means dirty or NoNo. She doesn't listen tho because I still catch her atleast once a day at the dog bowl.

RLuciann

Asked by RLuciann at 10:13 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• dog food is made of all natural ingredients so while it may not be very tasty, it isn't bad. my daughter used to eat it too.
    Anonymous

• Could be a choking hazard. I used to eat cat food (meow mix to be exact) all the time as a child.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 10:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• 2 words: Animal byproduct.

Lol, that's gross enough.

A 15 month old can't exactly be expected to stay out of dog food that's within her reach. My recommendation is to put hte dog food up, and just put it down at the times you feed your dog, and obviously watch her when it's down.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 10:50 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Old people eat dog food when they can't afford people food...obviously it's not going to hurt your daughter.
    Anonymous

• Move the dog food where she can't get it! It is made from all natural products yes, but the bad cuts of the meat etc. I would definitely not want my child eating it on a regular basis, but it will most likely not hurt her.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:23 AM on Jul. 10, 2009