3 week old baby stomach ache

how do you help a baby tummy ache. what can you use?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No meds at 3 weeks. Ask your doctor, some say gas drops are okay but I'm pretty sure not at 3 weeks.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 10:15 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• how do you know the baby has a tummy ache at 3 weeks?
    Anonymous

• a warm bath makes a world of difference. If you are breastfeeding you may want to consider passing on dairy chocolate caffeine and raw veggies. If you are formula feeding it may be time to look for an alternative. Around three weeks is when a child will show an intolerance to formula you may need to go to soy or nutramigen. as a previous mom mentioned gas drops may be alright but talk with your doc first. Also during feedings try burping her more often at three weeks old they cant get the gas out on their own and it really hurts
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 10:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• it could be a little bit of colic, gas drops are great, as well as warm baths, and if the tummy is getting hard, try laying baby's tummy on knees and while supporting he head, gently bouce.. my dad showed me this for my son and it was the only thing to get him to stop screaming.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 11:58 PM on Jul. 9, 2009