Does this mean I am going to go into labor soon?

Hi I am 35 almost 36 wks prego, and I am having really bad groin pain constantly. I think I am losing my mucus plug. I have alot of green/clear /white discharge constantly every time I go to the bathroom. ( no infection or stds either) Been having a lot of BH contractions. One night I had strong contractions for 6 hours a minute apart that hurt. Been very crabby. Does this mean labor is soon?

Tara04

Asked by Tara04 at 10:15 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• a min apart, man thats not normal- 3 mins apart and u should have went to the hospital
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 10:19 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• It could but you could still have a few weeks. I started to lose my plug at 37 weeks and my baby came at almost 40 weeks. I also had bad pain, but was told it was just the pressure and weight of my uterus. When you are in labor, the contractions will be so bad you won't be able to talk through them. Then you'll know for sure!! Good luck!
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 10:20 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• It could but you never know. Make sure yo are drinking lots of fluids so you stay hydrated. Dehydration can cause BH contractions. O and I thought I was the only one who had green discharge when I was pregnant!lol It freaked me out and I talked to the doc and he said it was fine.

SD777

Answer by SD777 at 10:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I did go to the hospital and they sent me home and told me to bare with the pain. The contractions stopped a couple hours after I got home.
    Tara04

Answer by Tara04 at 10:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• wow!!!??! they sent you home?
    were they braxton hick contractions, because a min apart they should have gave you meds to top contractions. shame on that hospital!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 10:22 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• The hospital didnt tell me really anything.. But I didnt think BH contractions hurt that bad. They were breathe taken sometimes. This is my second pregnancy and none of this happen with my first one.
    Tara04

Answer by Tara04 at 10:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Ok well the did send me home I didnt ask for rude comments. Just advice on what to do!!! didnt think ppl on here are so damn rude!!!!!!!!!!! The hospital told me to bare with the pain and to deal with it.. I asked them well how am I suppose to tell if I am in labor and the nurse looked at me and said I DONT KNOW!!! I didnt Know what to do. so I left they didnt even give me discharge papers or anything.
    Tara04

Answer by Tara04 at 10:33 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• and I said I THINK I am losing my mucus plug. NOT that i am for sure..
    Tara04

Answer by Tara04 at 10:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• thanks.. Umm so do you Know what these means is labor near?
    Tara04

Answer by Tara04 at 10:36 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• It could be. Are you dialated at all? With my second son he dropped at 32 weeks, I was 3 cm dialated for the last 5 weeks, lost my plug at 36 weeks and he was STILL 5 days late! Maybe you'll be lucky, but this is really early. Hopefully baby can hold out a few more weeks. As for the pain, try a hot bath, it's usually a temporary fix.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 10:39 PM on Jul. 9, 2009