Ideas For my tweens punk rock party?

My daughter turning 9 she is having a sleepover and the theme is punk. She likes girly stuff but with an edge. Like her colors are pink black and silver for party. I got some ideas but what kind of games and crafts for it if any? Big Question I invited girls over at 5 on friday and pick up at 11 am on sat. should I have something for parents or is ok not to since this is for the girls really? Like cake and opening gifts, it's too early for that at 11 am. I am confused...

leovirgo_mom3

Asked by leovirgo_mom3 at 10:16 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• nah just do it for the girls!!!

now.... get some big beads and thread and let them make their own " rocker" braclets...

or get some silver and black and pink ribbion, and secquence and some glue and make headbands or braclets... you can ahve kareoke with rock songs...
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 10:20 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Here is an awesome site for finding ideas, http://www.teenpartyideas.com. I don't think you need anything for the parents since they are just dropping off and picking up.

TessLouise

Answer by TessLouise at 10:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I would do the party for the girls only :) have a fun breakfast planned for in the morning(huge after an all nighter)....get some cool hair spray (Washable) colors for the girls and set up a hair station so they can do eachother's hair! A fun idea owuld be to have them all decorate a t-shirt and the birthday girl gets to decide which is most punk- allow them to tear, shred, ect- give them saftey pins and markers to draw on clothes- totally punk! :) Also a patches are a fun giveaway for a punk party...you can have a make your own song contest too! There is so much to do- just think 80's and music! :)
    jessicasea

Answer by jessicasea at 10:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• You could get pink t-shirts at a craft store and make punk rock t-shirts . . . they could decorate them and even cut them up a bit. Skulls seem to be really in with the young people now . . . maybe you could find a sponge to use for painting the shirts.
    TessLouise

Answer by TessLouise at 10:23 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I guess it depends on if you are friends with the girls parents. If so, then I may have a group party for an hour or so, let your friends wish her a happy birthday and have a slice of cake.

Some ideas for the party may be to have a "Big Hair" contest. Buy a few cans of cheap aerosol hairspary, give them "Teasing and Ratting 101" and let them have at it.

For a craft, they could decorate their own pillow case with markers or puffy paint.

CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 10:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Look through these themes Camp Rock, American Idol, Retro. Slumber Party  to see some ideas.  http://www.cjkidz.com/Birthday%20Resource%20Page.html

Also look through activities page http://www.cjkidz.com/Summerfun.html

momjs

Answer by momjs at 7:57 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• you should let them do punk rock make overs on each other. buy inexpensive trial sized bits of make up in insane colors. you could take it a step further and take your tween to the goodwill to pick out crazy bits of clothes that they could decorate and dress up in. get some clear glue and temporary hair color so they can do each other's hair too. oh, and if you take my advice - i'll accept your invite. ha ha ha ha. best of luck!
    jennilovesryan

Answer by jennilovesryan at 3:55 PM on Jul. 11, 2009