if you won....

a million dollars, would you donate any money to charity and which ones would you donate to?
i would donate to anything for the hungry, homeless, animals, children, sick-lol..apparently i would be broke :)

SThompson21

Asked by SThompson21 at 10:19 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Probably. I would donate to anything for abused children.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 10:23 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Would it have to be an all or nothing thing? Because to be honest I would first payoff my student loans and credit card debt then I would buy my family a home and pay off my cars and establish a fund for my daughter's college THEN I would want to donate some to the Livestrong foundation and the American Cancer Society for cancer research as well as my local Audubon Society.
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 10:23 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• to the Watch Tower and Bible Track Society!
    Anonymous

• I would donate to childrens miracle network because they helped my son when he needed quite literally a miracle. But then I would focus on my family and getting debt paid off and then making my money work for me so I could continue to donate to all the wonderful charities out there ESPECIALLY the ASPCA and my local humane association
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 10:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I would. I'd donate to an animal shelter. How much? Not sure....I'd want to help out my family and DH's first.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 10:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• i would donate some to local charities that helped us out when we were down and out like the food pantries and crisis centers
    Anonymous

• We would give money to our church and to my parent's church and the local crisis pregnancy center.
    Anonymous

• I'd donate some, but a million bucks really doesn't go as far as you expect! I'd try to invest 1/2 and go from there. I'd make donations to cancer research, Ronald McDonald house, or somewhere that helps sick children. I've never really thought about it because I never have 2 nickels to rub together once the bills are paid! I do give to the Salvation Army and other charities that stand outside stores for spare change. It's small but something.
    Anonymous

• I would pay off my house and cars and put money away for my kids to go to school, the rest I would probably give to combat aids in Africa and to provide food both there and in Haiti.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 11:36 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Give my 10% to the church (it would be used for missions and alot of charity).
    Next, I would help family members pay off their homes and put it into kid's college funds.
    We would definitely move and get a larger vehicle, and make sure Alex (our autistic son) gets all the therapy and special schooling he could qualify for. We would also donate money to autism research.
    I would put at least 1/2 the remainder into a safe investment for retirement.
    Oh, and me and my girlfriends would go on a long cruise!
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 12:12 AM on Jul. 10, 2009