a phase?!

I went back to work on Monday (ugh) and I have to get my dd up way earlier, she' s been sleeping thru the night GREAT until last sunday monday night now she gets up at like 330 am and fusses a bunch. could it be the change in routine? or i think shes sick of being swaddled....when do you stop? I know she's full we give her 6 oz. before bed. She's 3.5 months old .....growth spurt maybe? I'm sorta freakin cause my hub. goes back to work this weekend and I'll be on my own for the mornings soon. :( :( :( TIA

clransom

Asked by clransom at 10:28 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Growth spurt or she is probably still hungry. There were some nights when my son would sleep right through no problem and then maybe the next wee he would wake up everynight in the wee hours and wanted to be fed, that would go on for a few nights then back to normal. Their sleep schedules vary a lot! Just when you think you are all good, ahhhh not so much!
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 10:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• She may not want to be swaddled. Swaddling isn't necessary, it's done to make babies feel comfortable and secure. After some time they feel like they are being restrained and struggle. You can try not swaddling her. Also around this time their schedules do change a bit. My doc recommended that at this age I let me son cry it out. It was a rough week and a half but boy was it helpful. She also recommended the book 'healthy sleep habits, happy child.' Hope this helps
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 11:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Thanks! last night I left her arms free and she slept a bit longer til 5, which I can deal with! Also, I may try cereal....maybe she is hungry! thanks alot for the advice!
    clransom

Answer by clransom at 10:03 AM on Jul. 10, 2009