What do you think of Childless by Choice People?

What is their deal? I agree, not everyone should have kids, and also what do you think when someone says they hate kids?

Janieann

Asked by Janieann at 10:41 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• Who will care when they get old? NOT who will care for them, but plain and simple, WHO WILL CARE? They are going to be sad and lonely at the end.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:42 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I feel that it's there business and if they hate kids then they hate kids whatever as long as I love my kids I don't care what anyone thinks
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 10:44 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I think that it's wonderful that people are together enough to recognize when they aren't meant to be parents. It definitely doesn't make them any less of a person. I know someone who had a baby for all the wrong reasons and basically ended up giving it to it's father once she stopped getting the attention she wanted. She makes me sick.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 10:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Hey to each his own in my opinion! If they don't want kids I am sure they have good reason for it. Lifestyle, childhood expiences and such. Hate yes can be a strong word, but for the people who say they hate kids in my opinion they are just not comfortable with them or have a general understanding about children at all, I guess hate is an easier word. Geeeez I know people who I PRAY never have kids!
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 10:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• oh - and people who say they hate kids need to remember they used to be one!!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 10:46 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I don't think anything about "childless by choice" people. If they don't want children then they don't have to have any. Also, I've never heard anyone seriously say that they hate children. Personally, I don't think you should hate anyone, but if you dislike someone then you shouldn't go around them. Everyone has opinions.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 10:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I think people who choose not to have children are doing the right thing. If you don't want one, don't have one. I've seen couples have children, only to discover they weren't really cut out to be parents. Everyone suffers.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I don't think anything about it - my BFF from childhood has always said she didn't want kids - hey it's her life; why would I have any thoughts on it??

Since you're asking though and now I'm thinking about it - I say good for them! They're offsetting the Duggars of the world!

As for ppl who say they hate kids - well some ppl hate dogs and some ppl hate coffee; and etc... not everyone has to be a "kid" person - that's fine with me...
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 10:54 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• If a person can be smart enough to realize they don't want/ need kids then I applaud them, there are already way too many unwanted kids in this world who were had by parents who just didn't want kids but were too stupid to protect themselves or morons who had them just to be having them and don't care for them once they are born. One of my good friends is childfree by choice and while she doesn't hate kids she gets easily annoyed by them. I can't stand when people tell her she is wrong for her choice.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 11:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I think it is their choice, and if they are happy living their lives that way, who am I to force them to change?

I wanted children of my own for as long as I can remember. I have two, and I am completely satisfied with that. I don't plan on ever having any more babies. This world is over populated enough as it is, so I figure it this way; If there is at-least two women out there that don't have any kids, than that helps to offset the fact that I added two to the population. It's a balancing act.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 11:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2009