• In the Spotlight:

For all you C-section moms....

I had a C-section and sometimes my scar gets REALLY itchy... like unbareable at times!!! Does this happen to anyone else and what to you do to get through it?!

ctsassy

Asked by ctsassy at 10:43 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Health

• I had a c-section 11 years ago and the are is still funny feeling sometimes. It was itchy for quite a while and also very numb for years.
    It's been so long though, I don't remember how I dealt with it.
    I guess being a single mom w/twins made me too busy with other things to think about the itch :)
    Cantstandya

Answer by Cantstandya at 11:17 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I had a c-section 13 years ago and the scar still itches. Sometimes I want to cut it open, itch and sew it back up!! LOL!!! I just itch over the incision or try to think of something else.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• How long ago was your c-section? I had itching while it was healing, but by the time my little ones were 6 months old, it was like I'd never even had a c-section. I also used scar therapy cream on it for a while once it healed.
    twinmama113

Answer by twinmama113 at 12:12 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I usually scratch at it to help and then as soon as I can I put some itch cream on it to prevent it from getting more irritated than it already is.
    mag12305cmg

Answer by mag12305cmg at 12:17 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Try ice. If that doesn't work, try alcohol. I have an abdominal scar, and it itches like crazy. But it's numb, so I can't scratch the itch away. My scar is in the same area as a c/s scar, and my surgery was 8 years ago.

Alcohol almost ALWAYS stops itch. Problem is, it is very drying. So once that itch is gone, IMMEDIATELY apply some good cream to it.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 12:35 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Vitamin E oil or A&D ointment rubbed over it can keep it from itching, but if you notice lots or redness or drainage, make sure you call your doctor.
    cjbj08

Answer by cjbj08 at 1:49 AM on Jul. 10, 2009