Chrisitans: Do you pray to God through Jesus or directly to God?

I am just asking because I am curious. I always (and still do) prayed directly to God when I was a practicing Christian. Obviously, I'm not anymore, so I don't really worry about any kind of "punishment" or anything for praying directly to Mother or Father God. So, if you do pray to God through Jesus, do you worry that if you don't there will be some kind of consequence?
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 10:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• never thought about that.
    i wouldnt call myself christian..dont feel i meet the criteria just yet lol.

but its always directly to god...and ive sent lil messages to the archangels...yea
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 10:57 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Oh, I pray to my angels as well. Well, not really pray, but ask them for help when I need it and thank them for it.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:58 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• some ppl might think me cooky for this but i feel i have a good relationsihp with Michael.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 11:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I don't really label myself a "Christian" but I am a Protestant or rather an "Extreme, Liberal, New England Congregationalist" as my mother says :) I pray directly to God. I believe the Father, Son and Holy Ghost are a unified embodiment of God's Love.
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 11:03 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I belive in the holy trinnity- God the Father, God the Son, and The Holy Ghost- so i believe that when i am praying i am praying to all three; although they are one God. But when i start my prayer i always say "Dear God".
    alexsmomma06

Answer by alexsmomma06 at 11:07 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I am a Trinitarian which means that Jesus is God. He is God the son, Immanuel, God-with-us. He is the incarnate form of God. It is we who are made in the image of Jesus, not Jesus made in the image of man. This is why we say he was "begotten" not made. He was never made. He is the Alpha and Omega, the I AM. Even he claimed to his followers to have known Abraham before Abraham was born and that he was one with the father.

Therefore, I pray to father, son and Holy Spirit. They are one God with different roles. I address each role in prayer as I feel it pertains to my life. I might ask the father to forgive my sins, thank Jesus for his sacrifice and pray that the Holy Spirit guide me ect. Or, I address God as a whole by simply "God" or even "Father." God knows what I mean when I pray :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:17 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I don't pray to the Angels either but I will talk to them aloud as I believe they can hear me. I do not believe the Angels to be omniscient (except for what God permits them to know) so I don't believe they can read thoughts or silent prayers as God does.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:19 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I pray In Jesus name but that's what I was taught.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I pray to God in Jesus name because my prayers passing through Jesus to God will be pure. Because of my sinful nature (heart and mind) I can't go to God on my own. Sin seperate us from God . Jesus is the filter we need and the bridge to God.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 12:01 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I Pray in Jesus name because he is our mediator, To be acceptable to God, prayers must be through the channel he recognizes. Jesus said: “No one comes to the Father except through me.” Jesus also said prayers should be presented ‘in his name.’ (John 14:6; 16:23) Thus, our prayers should acknowledge that the value of the sacrifice of Jesus’ own human life makes it possible for us to approach God in prayer, and that there is just “one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus.”—1 Tim. 2:5.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 12:27 AM on Jul. 10, 2009