Anyone else have a sucky family??

my mom is a chainsmoker, literally one right after the other-in the house. So i told her that she was welcome to come to our house anytime she wanted, but i didnt want my son around all that 2nd hand smoke. Well ofcourse she gets mad & defensive sayin i hurt her feelings & i dont want her in Ethans life. After I repeatedly told her to come over netime. But shes always got to win, not this time! Hes now 2months 4days old & she hasnt seen him since the day he was born! She didnt even come to the hospital durin my 12hour labor, she came while i was already pushin, there mabey 20mins & havent seen her since or gotten a phone call to see how he is. Anytime I text her she hasnt once asked about him. My dad or any of my siblings have seen him period. I just think its sad she puts her smoking above her grandson (1st grandson from her youngest!) Ugh whatever, just needed to vent! >=/

EthansMommy5

Asked by EthansMommy5 at 10:59 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Thats sad, but she's the one who's missin' out!

I admire you for standing beside your ideas and protecting your sons heath.

Is she not willing to come over and change her shirt, wash her hands, and not smoke while she is there? If she is not, then that stinks for your son. ;(
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:03 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• nope! she wants us to come to her. ive lived here a yr n half n shes been here once
    EthansMommy5

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 11:06 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I'm sorry, atleast your a dang good momma to care about your sons health, I hope she realizez what she is missing out on
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:07 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• OMG! That sucks! My dad was a chain smoker and I am guilty of being a smoker but NEVER in the house and NEVER near any kids. When my dad would hold my son as a baby he wouldn't even breathe on him! lol. Dad also smoked in his house but we live right next to each other so he had no problem ditching the cigarette and washing his hands before holding him. Your moms decision to miss out on the little baby's first months are her loss.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 11:07 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• She's being very shallow and selfish. She is the one who is missing out though. She'll never get that time back.
    I know it's hurtful - the way she's acting, but like mom2twobabes said, good for you for sticking to your ideas and protecting your son's health, not to mention yours too.
    Cantstandya

Answer by Cantstandya at 11:08 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Yeah my dad for other reasons really has a bad attitude. I was even told he threatened to sue to see the kids? I think it's really selfish when parents think they can do anything around the kids, not respecting our wishes. If they truly loved us and the kids they would do anything we ask them to do. But their pride is more important than their love for their family. That is unfortunate for them. My mom would sometimes try to give me a guilt trip as if it's my fault. Saying oh so you'd be OK if your kids didn't know their grandpa. It's his choice not mine. He acts right or they're better off. I will not let just anything be around my kids. And you truly are a great mother to not tolerate things that will potentially harm your child.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 11:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• That is really sad! I know it won't make you feel any better but it is her loss. I hope she realizes how silly/selfish she is being by acting like this. I can' believe how some people who we are suppose to look up to can act. Maybe things will get better, best of luck with everything.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 11:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2009