Have you ever had pumping your breast milk make you dizzy?

I'm exclusively pumping for my twins. I've been pumping for about 6 weeks now. I got dizzy late last night while I was pumping. I was still dizzy in the AM and I was dizzy all day today. Then, I got a nap this evening and I wasn't dizzy when I woke up. I was fine for about 2 hours and then pumped again at 9 PM. About 2 minutes into my pumping, I got dizzy again and I'm still dizzy. Has anybody else experienced this? I'm calling my OB in the AM to see what they have to say.

proud2Bmomma

Asked by proud2Bmomma at 11:01 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Health

• I haven't experienced this but I do sometimes seem to get SO HUNGRY/THIRSTY while I'm bf and/or pumping...Are you eating/drinking enough? I hope your doc is able to figure it out for you... congrats on your twins!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 11:42 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Thank you for the congratulations. :)
    I do feel that I'm eating and drinking enough. I know I'm drinking at least a half gallon of water a day. But I don't know if that is enough.
    proud2Bmomma

Answer by proud2Bmomma at 11:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I was told to drink a gallon of water a day when I was nursing ONE. You need to be drinking way more than than IMHO. Start with that! Also, that, and thirst, was my first symptom of diabetes. I was told over and over again that it was because of sinuses or nursing, but when I weaned my son, it didn't go away. I was tested when I was preggo, and it was negative, but about two months after he was born, it started. Let me know what the doc says tomorrow!
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 12:32 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I get dizzy when my letdown hits when I am nursing sometimes. I figured out that it was my blood sugar suddenly dropping. It really helped if I would have a piece of fruit or something like that that helps with blood sugar about 15 minutes before I would nurse.
    Babygirl1971

Answer by Babygirl1971 at 12:52 PM on Jul. 10, 2009