OK I am 19 weeks and i am huge. this is my 3rd pregnancy and i have had 3 ultrasounds. we have only seen one baby but the way it looks there could be 2. and when the doctor uses his little thing to hear the heart beat i hear 2 but he says the one is mine but it sounds to fast to be mine. I have been told by everyone that they is two. why hasnt the doctor seen them? How long can they hide in each others shadow and heat beats be in nsync?

Twins, ultrasounds, heart beats, hiding. why cant the doctor just look harder?

Asked by brittiney at 10:22 AM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i was carrying triplets and they didn't know until i delivered and i had an ultra sound at 24 weeks. i was a twin, but they thought it was my mom's heartbeat as well. also, i was really REALLY big really early.

Answer by trepsica at 10:32 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Well first of all, how long was there between your last pregnancy and this one? I ask because with my two pregnancies they were close together and at 2 months I looked 6 months pregnant! EVERYONE thought I was having twins, but it was actually just because of my pregnancies being so close together.

But if it is twins, I've heard of people going as long as 30+ weeks and still being told they were having a singleton. I would really push your doctor to look harder if you feel so certain it's twins.

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 10:34 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• My last pregnacy was over 2 years ago. I look like i could be like 7 months, but I am only 5 months. I go back to the doctor in July for another ultrasound to find out that sex, and i am going to have them look untill i am satisfed. I have this feeling its twins because i am so big, i am feeling movement (started at 13 weeks) in 2 spots at once, and the doctor gave me col-mid

Answer by brittiney at 2:26 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Not to make you even more freaked out, but my mom's friend didn't know she was having twins until she delivered two babies! Sometimes they mirror each other so well you would never know. Good luck!

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 4:10 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I have been told by a few others that they never found out there were 2 until she had them both in here arms.. I am kinda worried because i dont wanna buy for one it it be 2 and i not have everything i need, if you know what i mean. If anyone else can give input i would love to hear it.. I will keep you all posted..

Answer by brittiney at 5:40 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I'd think that by 19 weeks, they would be able to tell if there's one or two in there.

At one of my appointments, two heartbeats were heard, but one was mine:)

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 10:37 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I had the same thing with my last, now 14 and it looked as if I was having a litter. Every pregnacy is so different, you may just be big it happens, it did to me. They are fairly accurate at at early dicovery of twins.

Answer by rosetoes at 10:36 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Hi there, I found out about the twin at my 18 week ultrasound. I had only had one ultrasound. Now your blood work should show elevated levels. I would go to an ultrasound tech and get a 3D ultrasound. The baby can not hide at this time.

Answer by bumpfashion at 4:21 PM on Jun. 24, 2008