lost wedding ring set?

ok so i lost my wedding set( my fingers have gotten smaller) and we searched the whole house and we cant afford a new set till least September. and he yells at me still and makes me feel horrid bout it saying you lost it you buy it.. is he right? SAHM here.. i mean maybe it is my responsibility but i have no income and he makes me feel twice as bad..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• He should not be making you feel this way. Its not like you just threw them in the trash! I would be so mad at him! My husband would never say that to me. He would just tell me that its ok and that well get a new one. I would be the one feeling bad about it. I almost had the same problem because my fingers are to small for my ring and we havnt got them resized yet. I was playing fetch with my dogs and i threw the ball and off went my rings we had to search the whole back yard and luckly we found them.
    Anonymous

• well he said you lost it you buys it take his paycheck and go buy it, his money your money right you take care of the kids and the house, I think he should get over it cuz sh*t happens good luck
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:15 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• what a jack ass. I say don't bother, eventually he'll ask you why you havent got a new set and you can say "Maybe I don't want people to know I'm married" he'll mind his ps and qs and buy you a new set asap. Had he paid to get it sized for you, it wouldnt have gotten lost
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 12:16 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• He's probably just upset because you lost them. All jewelry stores, even walmart has these cool little things that slide right on the bottom side of the ring (so you don't have to use that gummy tape like the old days).
    Sometimes when you're looking too hard, it's impossible to find something. Hopefully you'll run across them pretty soon. Go on a crazy cleaning spree and it's likely you'll find it under the couch/bed/stove or somewhere that's not seen on a regular basis or you'd have already found them. Wishing you soooo much luck and remind him that no one is perfect and accidents happen to everyone. You could buy a cheap gold band at walmart to get you thru till you can replace the set later this year.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:25 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• you lost the SET? I've lost a ring before but never an entire set. One would think you'd feel the weight was gone from an entire set. Just look around. Check your pockets. Check under the mattress to see if they slid off while changing the sheets. They probably are not in the floor or the vacuum would have picked them up but you'd hear that. Did the baby or dog eat them? wow, I bet he really IS pissed. That was a bit irresponsible if you knew they were too big and you didn't buy a guard for them or put them away to get resized. I'm guessing money doesn't grow on trees at your house and even the sentimental part of it was washed down the drain (no pun intended) with you not being more careful with them as much as they represented....at least to him. Too bad they didn't mean more to you. You could have traded them in for another set
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• anon the band and the ring were all in one so not a big set.. and they were not by any means huge just one tiny center diamond and and it did mean alot to me.. ever hear of a ring being saudered together so its all one and they fit fine when it was warm and my fingers swelled a bit but when it got cold it got big ,... and money dont grow on anyone's trees.we make 70k for a family of 4 the kids come first!. ive looked everywhere even in vacuum bag heck even followed the dog around outside(not pretty) so say they didnt mean anything to me...AND trust me i did/do feel horrid bout it i was bawling when i told him bout it i felt miserable! so thank you for assuming shit anon.. oh and my question wasn't should he be upset, but i guess you didnt feel like answering the question just putting your 2 cents in
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:45 AM on Jul. 10, 2009