Could my baby just be trying out her new sounds? Check out the video - it's real cute!

My LO is 6 weeks and recently found her voice so she's been making all sorts of sweet little noises! However, she also seems to sort of yell sometimes...not like cry but force out a loud noise...then she goes back to the happy sounds. Sometimes I pick her up because I think she's upset but sometimes it seems like maybe she's just practicing her sounds. Does anyone else's LO do this?

She loves to talk the most during tummy time - it's so funny, no matter what if I put her on her belly she talks and talks....here's a video of her doing it if you want to see something real cute!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIoym-uJd68

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 11:04 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My ds used to do that. It was a couple of things. We noticed when he was gassy he talked more. We figure the bubbles in his stomach were "tickling" him. We also found that there was one particular toy he liked and would talk to it. Enjoy it, they don't stay small long :)

By the way, your daughter is absolutely adorable!

sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 11:11 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• OMG she is so so cute. I remember when my son used to make those angelic noises now he scream from the top of his lungs lol
    she's just to cute
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Ohh yes my baby is doing this too!Aren't they the cutest? Ohhh I love it when she does it, specially if I start signing to her, it seems like she loves it and starts to do sounds too! Enjoy her
    Salma25

Answer by Salma25 at 12:07 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• awww she is just too adorable! My son did that alot when he was younger he still trys to talk but its diff sounds now. He is 6 months now
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Jul. 10, 2009