went to the doctor

I went to the doctor today had to get a shot and antibiotics for bad sinus and sore throat and had to pay 50.00 for 10 pills thats bull shit with that and my other two prescriptions it was 73.00 I have insurance too now im broke just to get better to work my ass off to catch up!!

heavenlypeace

Asked by heavenlypeace at 11:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• its ridiculous how much we have to pay to keep our body's healthy! My friend has a server mental problem that requires medication and its almost IMPOSSIBLE for her to keep a job, she has been denied for social security 3 times and she can barley take care of herself has been put in hospital after hospital 6 or more times in the past 3 years, and has no medical insurance, so she gets checked into a mental hospital, put on medication, giving a bottle when she leaves a few weeks later, and back on the street, can't keep a job, or a roof over her head, so she can't pay for her medicine, and lands RIGHT back at the hospital even WORSE a few months later. Its a shame, so many people like that fall through the cracks of our imperfect system, yet my whore for a sister can live off the state get insurance for her and her 3 food stamped, wic-ed out, stated aided self, ANNND got social security for DEXLEXICA!

judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 11:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• health care priceses are out of control
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I don't have insurance and wait til I can't take it anymore. I went last Tuesday and It wet from
    Consult $40.00
    Shot of antibiotics $$25.00
    After the consult it went to
    1 time anti-fungal pill $10.00
    Bottle od anti-biotics $40.00
    Bottle of pills that make you pee orange $35.00
    The look on my face when they said "That'll be $150 ma'am....Priceless!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 11:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Just an FYI regarding Rx costs.
    Of course most of you know about Wal-mart's discount Rx program - if not check it out on a search under "Wal Mart discount Rx" and it will list all the meds that are available through WalMart at $4 for 30 days or $10 for 90 days.

Another resource...but this is more for monthly meds...
    If you look up the drug manufacturer for the medication you take, for example, Pfizer, then go to the company's website. Enter "Patient Assistance Program" in the site search area and look into Rx programs through the drug co. themselves. Most of them offer, but don't advertise. Also, pparx.org is another discount Rx website.
    To be totally honest, we have Rx coverage thru work, but the Wal-mart Rx's are cheaper.
    Cantstandya

Answer by Cantstandya at 1:10 AM on Jul. 10, 2009