question about prelabor

I am 36 weeks and have really sore groin muscles and lower back pain/soreness. Usually worse at night, but I waddle around cause of the groin pain. also, today started having lower abdomen tightening. Is this the beginning of the end??!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like it to me. I hope you have your bag packed!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• It could be the start of it. I was in labor for 3 weeks before I delivered.. (they kept stopping it until I hit 37-38 weeks) it felt like menstrual cramps.. when the hard labor hits you won't have to stop and think (am I in labor?) you'll know! GL I'm excited for you!!!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 11:46 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• It is the beginning of the end. However, the end can go on for several weeks. The back and groin pain is your pelvis opening up so that there's room for the baby to fit out. I've been having the same symptoms for going on 3 weeks, now. And I'm not in labor yet, thankfully, I would prefer to make it to 38 weeks, and I'm still a couple of days away from 37.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 11:59 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Yep. They are called Braxton-Hicks contractions (pre-labor contractions). Expect your little one to be arriving in the next couple of weeks : )
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 4:04 AM on Jul. 10, 2009