getting pregnant after having tube tied?

I had my tubes tied a few years ago....well one tube actually (only have one ovary). So my question is this, I've been feeling like I could be pregnant (symptoms) and just have the pregnancy feeling. Can I still get pregnant? Does anyone know someone who has? thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its possible, those things DO fail, but its not probable.

judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 11:27 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• My aunt was on the pill and her husband had a vasectomy. I got a new cousin. Nothing is foolproof.
    If it's meant to be, it's meant to be.

(You're probably wondering why my aunt was on the pill if her husband had a vasectomy...so was I. She took it to regulate her cycle.)
    Cantstandya

Answer by Cantstandya at 1:04 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I had both tubes tied in 05 and this past April I had all signs of pregnancy. Late period, tender breast, fatigue, and nausea. I also spotted once. I took 3 test and all came back positive. It was so surreal. After blood work and a few ultrasounds they found the baby 5 to 6 weeks was in my left fallopian tube. I had to have emergency surgery to remove the baby (the baby had passed on its own before the surgery as my hormone counts were dropping) and my tube as well. So yes it is entirely possible I am living proof. I know a majority of these don't pregnancy's don't make it to the womb because the tubes are tied but I have read many stories and actually know someone who carried their baby to term! There is hope! Good luck hun!!
    jasonbzwifey

Answer by jasonbzwifey at 4:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2009