Should I be worried about the risks of taking Lexapro while pregnant?

My doctor prescribed me Lexapro. (an anti-depressant) The more I take it, the more I get worried about the effects it will have on my baby. I talked to my doctor and tried to do some web searching, and my doctor said it was the only drug that was considered safe. I don't know. I am just worried. Is that silly? Has anyone taken Lexapro while pregnant and their babies turned out fine?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I took the whole time I was pregnant. 20mg twice a day.. no complications or side effects. It's pretty safe :) My son turned out great. only problem was an underdeveloped larynx which wasn't serious.. just made him squeaky for a few months until the cartilage hardened. He had that because he was 2 weeks early not from the lexapro. If you have any questions feel free to PM me
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 11:39 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• wat my doc took me off of it because its been proven to cause heart defects he switched me to a dif kind til after i have the bby
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 12:10 AM on Jul. 10, 2009