3 1/2 year old still wetting her pants?

I have b/g twins. my boy is completely potty trained. my girl on the other hand still wets all the time...she hardly ever goes to the toliet. "poo" she has no problems. its just pee....I've taken her to the doc tinking that there may some kind of problem. and they tell me that they cant do anything till she is 4 as it is still a potty training issue...I need help. I've no idea what else to do. I've tried rewards, punishments, etc...nothing seems to helps. Any advice would be great thanks

cjjustlex

Asked by cjjustlex at 11:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son had problems with this when he went to sleep until he was 6. We had to get a special device that would wake him up when he started to go. The doctor should be able to give you some information on something similar that you can have your daughter wear at least when she is home. As far as during waking hours, you will probably have to be diligent and have her go to the potty every 1/2 hour to an hour. You could also give her a favorite book to look at while she is on the potty. This can help her relax enough to go.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 3:56 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• My 3-year old daughter wets her pants too. She just started doing that after I said "she is officially potty-trained"! My guess is that they get busy with an activity, and then either get too lazy to go to the potty or they just don't realize they gotta go until it's too late and they can't make it on time. I noticed that when I am too busy with whatever it is I have to do, and I forget to remind her to go potty, that's when she wets her pants. Then she goes "oh no, mommy, I need to take off my pants and find clean underwear"! it's really funny.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Jul. 10, 2009