Hmmm I dont know....

I hooked up with this wonderful guy 4 years ago...we lost eachother... and after that I never stopped thinking about him....neither did he so here we are 4 years later in a relationship....but a long distnace one....he lives 2000 miles away and seems to be serious but I dont know how serious he is...anyone else had a long distance relationship? Did it work out?

MaMa2_DJ_IJ

Asked by MaMa2_DJ_IJ at 11:36 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• I've been in several. Making it work is difficult because at some point one of you might have to move and that's life changing. Communication is extra important so if your feeling something let him know. Also, you have to think of inventive ways to let him know you care about him...such as good morning texts or emails..Pictures of something cute the kids did, or a sexy pic of you..
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 11:57 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I was in one and he was nice and genuine and all, but couldn't keep a job, and that annoys me. I degraded him and I feel bad for it, so I broke up with him and vowed never to go through that again. Sometimes they work, but the first post was right, u have to be prepared to move at some point, it's better if he moves to u, but if he has a good job that will never happen
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:08 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• no i couldnt trust her and she was cheating on me
    lilbyrd77

Answer by lilbyrd77 at 12:09 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• sarapurser i need 2 tell u something
    lilbyrd77

Answer by lilbyrd77 at 12:11 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Are u single lilbrid? how old, where from? this is not for me I have a friend who's single
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:12 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• lol...what a funny dude...what are you doing on Cafemom???
    MaMa2_DJ_IJ

Answer by MaMa2_DJ_IJ at 12:13 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• i regret ending my long distance relationship. I would encourage you to try it out and give it your all!
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 12:17 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• how funny Mama2... I'm guessing that it's not a dude... lol
    I don't think a long distance relationship would work for me... most men need sex and it's kinda hard to do that from that far away.. not like you can make weekly or even monthly trips very often but the good news is, some people aren't sex crazed animals, and can be fullfilled by talking, texting, emailing, video chatting etc.. but's odds are against it working out.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:18 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• yes and yes

Answer by admckenzie at 12:26 AM on Jul. 10, 2009