omg i didnt know about the stuff you could go through

Has anyone else had major yeast infections I've never had one before until I got pregnant now I've had 4 this really blows can u tell me how to best take care of it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The doctor put me on 7 day monistat. ONLY 7 day.. other than that eat lots of yogurt. L acidophilus is a bacteria in yogurt that fights yeast.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 11:49 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• OMG i know all about them damn yeast infections I had them all through my prego and 3 months after my Dr. told me it was the worse kind she put me on cream and meds, that whole experiance was a b*tch
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:55 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• Try to avoid eating too much sugar (including breads, fruit, etc.). Take Acidophilus and garlic every day to prevent infection. When you do get an infection, insert a clove of garlic in your vagina, with the skin removed and cuts to allow the juice to seep out a bit. Insert a new clove every night before bed.
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 12:07 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• ummm- talk to your dr...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Eat yogurt (plain is the best)
    Keep that area dry
    Avoid antibiotics if possible

You can get over the counter creams, like Monistat, but I would talk to your doctor first because you are pregnant and he/she may want to treat you differently. YOu can make a quick call to the doc and they will help you!

SgtsWife1982

Answer by SgtsWife1982 at 12:48 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I had major yeast infections with my first pregnancy. Dr. said to use the 5 or 7 day OTC creams and try to keep perineal area dry. Clean and dry well daily and use a pad or panty liner to soak up sweat and moisture (changing often).
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 12:56 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Certain foods/diet can be a trigger. Also, wear all cotton panties to absorb moisture better. If things don't improve, you should discuss this with your doctor.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 3:35 AM on Jul. 10, 2009