Do you run stop signs on side roads?

I ask this question bc I live in a subdivision with a 3-way stop at our entrance. I have almost gotten hit more times than I can count either trying to turn out onto the road or making a left turn into our subdivision. Most cars have gotten to the point where they do not even slow down...they just act as if the stop sign does not exist! There is a cross walk at this 3-way stop & it's a busy one. There are walking trails all through the subdivisions in our area, they are all adjoined. I am terrified that a child is going to get hit crossing the street (DD & I have almost been hit) or that someone is going to get in a nasty wreck there. The speed limit is 25mph & these people are going 35-45 mph & not stopping. I have even called our local police to ask them to do something, they promised they would post an officer there...nothing has been done! So I ask..do you stop & what would you do if this was your neighborhood?

Momof3cuties

Asked by Momof3cuties at 11:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes I do because as soon as I don't I'll either get hit or pulled over. That sucks tho people need to be more considerate.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 11:58 PM on Jul. 9, 2009

• I always stop at stop signs. I am afraid that if I don't even if I don't see anyone coming, I will get hit or hit someone or run over a kid or something. That would be horrible.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:02 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I do not run through stop signs EVER. That is a very dangerous thing to do and I would never do that. It isn't about whether you are going to get caught or not (no police around), it is about putting yours and other's safety first. I think it is inconsiderate to speed or run through stop signs.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 12:04 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I kinda have the same prob as you except I'm in a small town and my street is in between to major highways... and speed limit is 30.. and I've don't know what to tell ya except don't talk to local, do you have state that patrols or area ask them they might know something. i don't call state but i have threaten to. i stop at every stop sign unless for some reason i didn't see it...

twistedcandy

Answer by twistedcandy at 12:05 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I always stop at stop signs even if no one is around and even if its in the middle of nowhere to me running a stop sign just feels wrong... probably because it is! lol
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 12:06 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I would be calling the police myself too to complain until they did do somthing about it. That is horrible that that is even happening. And no, I don't run any STOP sign...on purpose anyways. It kinda peevs me when I see it happening too. Sadly, It usually takes someone getting hurt before anything is done to prevent it in the first place.

I also live in a subdivision and catch people speeding down the road too...Its 30mph here and they are going at least 40 somtimes.
    mommy_bink

Answer by mommy_bink at 12:07 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I can not tell a lie. I often roll thru the stop sign that comes into our sub-division. I know, I am a bad person... :(
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:12 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• NOPE! A STOP SIGN IS A STOP SIGN NO MATTER WHERE IT IS!!!
    rune2319

Answer by rune2319 at 12:12 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I never run stop signs anywhere, no matter what. They're there for a reason and I don't like to risk it. As for the problem you have, you really need to continue to call (and write!) your police department. Ask them this "Are you going to post an officer there, or are you waiting for me to call you when a child has been hit and killed?" and then tell them the dangers you see. Don't let up on them either, it's their job. Also, do you have a home owner's association? If so, you can get with them and have them talk to the police as well. Better yet, write letters and call. Do what it takes to keep you, your family, and others safe in the neighborhood.
    SgtsWife1982

Answer by SgtsWife1982 at 12:31 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I always stop at a stop sign.
    On a back road with no homes, businesses, or traffic in sight, I might roll through one, but at least I've 'stopped."
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:41 AM on Jul. 10, 2009