Should I worry about being pregnant?

Ok, usually start my period around the 1st of the month. I have been charting my temps, keeping track of my periods, and ovulation schedule. This last time we made love three days before, all during, and three days after, my ovulation time. Now my period is absent. But I took a pregnancy test and it came up not pregnant. Should I be worried that the test was wrong? Or should I be worried about not having a period when I should? I am having no period symptoms, and symptoms for pregnancy are nausea, dizziness, just that feeling that I am pregnant, using the bathroom a lot. But the biggies I am missing are a positive test, sore breasts, etc. I am having headaches, the kind of headaches that I had when I was pregnant with my last boy.

I dunno, I am just looking for some friendly advise and some similar experiences.

Thanks for your help ladies!

SecretAgentMom2

Asked by SecretAgentMom2 at 11:59 PM on Jul. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Wait a week and take another test. GL!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 12:00 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• goodI wouldn't think you would be far along enough to show symptoms, so take in mind you could be trying so hard that your making yourself believe in symptoms that aren't really there, with that said, I think its to early to test, wait a few days and retest. BEST OF LUCK! let us know, I'll be sending baby dust your way!

judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 12:11 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Thanks I could use some of the baby dust. It just seems strange that my periods have always been right on, and now I am late, but no positive pregnancy test! I was able to take a test three or four days before I even expected my last child and the lines changed before I even set it down. I would expect the same from this pregnancy.
    SecretAgentMom2

Answer by SecretAgentMom2 at 12:19 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I think you are making yourself believe you are and sometimes that can cause your period not to come or be late. believe the test and if it doesn't come by next month take another test. I think it is a little too early for you to be having syptoms.
    ladyluck09

Answer by ladyluck09 at 12:20 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Stress can cause your period to be late, as can a lot of other things. If you are worried, wait a few days and take another, or go to a doctor. You are not far enough along to be getting many symptoms anyway, so that may not be a conclusive factor. Good luck!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 12:28 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Every pregnancy is different. Trying really hard to get that pink positive line often causes more emotional hurt. Relax, don't make it a scedual, don't make it number one, put it on the back burner and have FUN with sex again, those are the best ways to let your body and mind relax about the situation and than when that happens your sure to get pregnant.

My sister(s) tried and tried for YEARS, with sceduals, and all that stuff, even did hormon treatments, when they stopped trying and just had fun again (never giving up though) they magically got pregnant a few weeks later.

relax, and best of luck.

judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 12:28 AM on Jul. 10, 2009