how do i get my son to let go of his pacifier... ?

well my son is already 14 months and he cant sleep without it, and when is it time to let the bottle go too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I did all that after my sone was 18 months he kinda gave up his binkey, and for the sippy I introduced it to him and then just took his bottle oway, he didn't like the sippy much but ge got over it cuz he had no choice
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:15 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I just took my dd's away when she was 18 months. She ditched the bottle at 11 months however. Try to get him to only take it when he sleesps or goes to bed.... then you can take it away a little after that IMO
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:14 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• My daughter was one when we finally gave up the bottle because she was falling asleep while drinking it which is bad for her teeth and also when she woke at night, she did not know how to put herself back to sleep.

With the pacifier, I had started limiting her time with it to naps and bedtime only for a couple of weeks. Then one night, we could not find the paci and there were no 24 hour stores around. We made it through the first night by singing lullabys and rubbing her back. The next day I said, "We made it through the first night, we are not going back now. I did not replace the missing pacifier at all so I guess we got rid of it "turkey".
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 1:14 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• We were done with bottles WAY before a year. Get rid of the pacifier, just take it away. You don't want him to have it any longer then just throw them out. In a few days (took us three) it's all over and done with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• i just took them away and dealt with it, but.......my son didn't really use a bottle long as he was mostly bf......as for the nuk.....he threw it away at 6 months and wouldn't take it anymore.
    SoKamele

Answer by SoKamele at 10:56 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• If he's only using it to sleep, why are you trying to get rid of it? Societal pressure? How about your child's needs?

As for bottles, you can try to introduce a sippy cup, and limit bottle usage to one in the am and one in the pm.

Let your child wean when he's ready.
    Anonymous