My daughter and my Dog....

We have a 7 year old dog that is a LARGE dog, but VERY friendly. floppy ears, lovey, but not like jumping all over you. My daughter is 9 months and has always been terrified of him!! it makes him sad cuz she just cries when she sees him. No bad experience between them, she is just scared. will she grow out of this when she gets bigger and doesn't feel so small next to him?

tatmum

Asked by tatmum at 12:16 AM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Perhaps you could train him into a sit/stay routine with her and have her calmly pet him for a bit every day? That way she would see that he isn't a threat, and it would give them a bonding time without the dog jumping on her. We had to do that with my godson and my Great Dane Mix bc he was so big. Good luck!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 12:18 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• most likely wait till she 18 mo dog'll start wishing for a quiet home!
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 12:19 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I can't give you a time since everyone's different. But maybe you should try letting her observe him from a distance for a while then let her crawl up to him on her own time.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 12:20 AM on Jul. 10, 2009