How many ladies here always put the shopping cart back in the stall after you are done using it? Or do you just park it in between cars?

I have to admit that before I had kids, I cursed people who did this and left dings in my car!

But now, with little children, I see the issue some moms have. Its hot, 100 degrees, my kids are in the car with it cranked and on, I put the groceries in the side (van) I dont DARE leave my car to put up the cart, but I dont want to walk away from my babies when its so hot and they are alone for a while...

What do you do moms?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Leave the cart in the parking lot. There are people who have jobs for that specific purpose. Lord knows everyone needs their jobs right now too lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• i park next to the car thing, about within 3 spaces. that way i can put her in the car and the groceries, and start my car (it locks and starts from the key and i can keep the key with me) then put the cart back with my car right beside me and then get back to the car within 5 steps or so. i guess i just hate door dings so much it makes me want to drive around the lot for 5 minutes trying to find a spot by the cart return! :)
    tatmum

Answer by tatmum at 12:19 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I usually bring the cart back. I am so terrified that one day someone is going to leave their cart in the middle of the parking lot and a gust of wind is going to send it sailing into my car (which I am very anal about) and I will be flaming pissed. So I try not to put others in that same position.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:19 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• If I parked close by a stall, I will put it back. If not, then I will either hop the front part up on the curb or put it in some other postion that I'm sure it won't roll. I wouldn't want my cart to ram into someone's car.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 12:19 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• i try to park close to the stalls I have one baby so if i cant get a good spot I will load up my groceries and push teh cart to teh stall and then just carry him back with me and put him in the car. I will probably do teh same thing when I have another one
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 12:19 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I try to park by the cart stall, that way I am right there anyway. Usually if you just look, there is a space near one.
    I don't put the cart between cars, it will probably just end up scratching up someone's car. I understand thought that if you have a crying baby or something, you do what you have to do.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 12:20 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• that was supposed to say *position*
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 12:21 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I park close to stalls, if not I load my baby in last, and walk the cart back and Carrie my baby to the car with me, I would feel horrible had my cart hit someones car. I know thats a risk we ALL take, and no store is responsible for damaged cars from carts, but I dont want MY cart to do the damage. Not to mention I load my baby last, the last thing I want is someone to try to steal my car with my child in it.

judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 12:23 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I take them back unless they are to far oway
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:28 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I do my best to park by the cart stall And if not I put the cart in a spot that won't hurt anything
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:29 AM on Jul. 10, 2009