Does your 2 year old daughter play with her parts?

My two year old daughter is constantly playing with herself, grabbing and pulling and actually playing with herself.
I ask her why she does it, she says its "good"
I try to focus her attention somewhere else but nothing seems to work,
and I thought only boys did this?
Her doctor said it was fine, that she just discoverd masturbation early, I almost threw up.
I had no clue that young those parts worked?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My daughter does the same exact thing. The whole masturbation theory freaks me out. I like to just think she messes with it because she wonders exactly what that is down there. I would probably react the same way as u..that sounds CRAZY.
    misswhite

Answer by misswhite at 12:47 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I remember doing stuff like that when I was little because it did feel good. I just remember feeling like it was something not to tell other people about. I would wake up in the night doing it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• its time to teach her about privacy and when and where we do those kinds of things. my nine month old has discovered his penis and I am devastated LOL
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 12:49 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• OP HERE- I'm sure I looked at my parts that young, but I did not learn that touching them felt good until I think almost 13 or so. Give or take. Do any of you have ideas how to stop it, because she does it everywhere. I told her its ok to do it in her bedroom or bathroom, but she is so fascinated by it that she can't help herself. I don't want to punish her, because it is "natural" I guess, but I get so embarrassed.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• omg...if my daughter has a diaper rash she will itch it but thats it...omg i couldnt imagine my daughter doin something like that though...that would freak me out! id puke too! wow i dont even know what to say besides omg. i didnt know that could happen. did the doc actually say it was masterbation..cuz she was playin with herself like that? i mean can babies actually know to do that? idk im sorry im shocked and jus hope my child doesnt do that idk what id do
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 12:51 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• OP here-
    Yes her doctor said "maturbation" she gets flushed, and closes her eyes and everything.
    you can actually SEE she is enjoying herself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• my 3 1/2 year old son never takes his hands of his parts it's embarrassing at the store and the playground he is the only one playing with himself, if that wasn't bad enough my 8 month old started doing that to, every time I take his diaper off first thing he does is goes for that button

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:55 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• yes, both my 2 1/2 year old boy and girl play with themselves. they are just curious and it does feel good, but don't get freaked out. It isn't sexual for them like true masterbation in adolescents and adults. it is definitely time to start teaching about modesty, private parts, and what is and isn't ok in public!
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 1:01 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• omg i cant believe that!!! jus omg again i have no idea what to say...but if i saw my daughter doing that i would for sure puke...it would freak me out. and he didnt have any suggestions on how to make her stop i mean she's jus a baby for crying out loud...yea thats natural when your like 14 + not when your a baby. idk all i can say is i hope you can change that and i wish you luck
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 1:01 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• OP HERE- He told me to ignore it!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Jul. 10, 2009