Do you think this is a good buy?

My 4 year old laptop 's monitor screen goes blackout. So, I am looking at at CRT monitor connected to my laptop. I think it will cost me $150 to $200 to replace the monitor.

So I am looking for a new laptop and found one with this spec

A new Gateway with AMD 2.1 Ghz processor with a Hard disk the size of 320 Gig , 4G RAM ,a HDMI output port.

Webcam/DVD writer included.

Just for the price of $480. It will be about $540 after tax & recycling fee.

I guess the Hard Disk and Ram are quite alot for this price.

Do you think you have a better deal than me?

ie same spec for less or same price or below with much better speed, bigger ram and bigger hard disk...

or do you think this is a great deal and you can't find a deal that beat this features with this pric

savingjmom

Asked by savingjmom at 1:08 AM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Shopping

• that sounds like a lot for a monitor; i would try freecycle or craigslist first.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:13 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I am referring to the monitor screen of a laptop. That is the estimate price for replacing a laptop's screen plus labor. Free cycle or craigslist doesn't have much good deal on this features...

for example, http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/sys/1260771445.html which is 1G ram lower than the laptop I mentioned, is only $15 cheaper & I pay by card because I don't have cash
    savingjmom

Answer by savingjmom at 8:20 PM on Jul. 10, 2009