cake help (warning adult content!!!)

So I'm making a penis cake for my friends bachelorette party.. and was thinking of baking a regular cake.. and cutting it out to look like a penis..

will that work out okay? Or will I just be making a mess of things? I really don't feel like wasting the money on a penis pan for just this one time. Any other ideas on how to do this?

or ideas of maybe something better?

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 1:10 AM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You would just make a mess cutting it out! I tried that before but it turned out like crap! If you cover it with fondant then it will be ok but if your gonna do that, bake the cake, freeze it then get an electric knife and cut it out, FROST IT IMEDIATLEY then roll out the fondant and put it on the cake and decorate it however you want! I just ended up going to a porn shop and buying a penis cake pan! GL! google it if you can and take a look at all of your other options. GL WITH YOUR PENIS!
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 1:15 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• your best bet is to go and buy a penis shaped cake pan (You can find them really cheap!!). It will be the best and easiest way to do things.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:11 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Please oh please oh please make it a red velvet cake with a cream filling!

:)
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 1:14 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I have done that, but I shaped it into a butt. Just make sure the cake is cold, not just cooled. Actually put it in the fridge or even the freezer for faster cooling. Then cut it to desired shape and if you need to smooth anything out, one useful trick is to use thread strung between your index fingers (both hands) and guide it over the section of cake you are trying to smooth out. Make sure you don't go to deep into the cake with it though because you might rip it. Hopefully this makes sense. Let me know if it doesn't.
    TCliffman

Answer by TCliffman at 1:15 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• sounds great Avarah.. if you can tell me how. lol. Red is one of the wedding colors :)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:15 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• If you cut it the crumbs will mess up the frosting. See if you can find a cake mold of a mushroom lol!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:15 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:15 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• funtimes, hazeldove! it wouldn't be hard (no pun intended) w/o the mold. just a little imagination, cold cake, and sharp serated knife for shaping. you could use snowballs(cupcakes with coconut..again, no pun intended) as the testicles. fondant for the penis, and with a very 'fine' frosting tip (boy, ok..the pun was intended), using icing in same beigey-pink color as the fondant, you can free-hand (hahahahaha!) the 'veins', frenulum, etc. you might need more or less cake/fondant, depending on whether the groom is jewish or not. LMAO
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 1:24 AM on Jul. 10, 2009