• In the Spotlight:

I know this was REALLY STUPID but...

today I re-aranged my room because I am running out of room in there for all my baby stuff! I moved my bed the crib some boxes a dresser a large TV and 2 large shadow box shelfs by myself. I went to my birthing class tonight and we toured the hospital Im delivering at and ever since I moved the stuff I have had MAJOR lower back pain and I have taken a tylanol but its still here! IDK what to do! When I was moving stuff I really didnt feel like I was pushing it with lifting and moving. What is going on? Is this normal or did I push it?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 1:11 AM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yeah, I've been nesting a bit too :). The reason they tell you not to move alot of things is because of the extra burden it puts on your back, not because it's harmful to the baby (unless you're carrying a tv on your baby bump:)). Try stretching tomorrow, any stretch that feels good in your lower back, butt, and thighs will make you feel better. And you can also put a rolled up towel in the microwave for 1 minute and put it behind your lower back while you sit and relax. Don't give yourself sciatica sister! It's a pain in the rear (literally) because you have to do stretching and the warm towel thing everyday to help!
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 3:30 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• depending how far along you are, I would have to say its a combo of both the PG and doing too much furniture moving.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 1:13 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• how far along are you?
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 1:15 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• just about 22 weeks
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 1:16 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I would take it easy for the next couple of days
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:16 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• it sounds like you were using muscles that haven't been used in a while, unfortunately, my husband won't let me touch a piece of furniture
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 2:05 AM on Jul. 10, 2009