KICKED OUT CONT...

and the ones being interviewed. The church people didnt believe them because they know she is a loving christian lady but the other people ...who knows. The pastor was jealous because mom had more knowledge than him and wanted all control. Even wanted to be principal (OF A DAY CARE!!) He basically told her to get out of her church and didnt even want her to take the stuff she had bought. I find out today that he has kicked another little dear old lady out because she told him she wanted to have sunday school I guess they had stopped having it since they cant get there on time but he called this woman to the office with 3 other guys and told her this is his church and hes the boss. Thats the same thing he told my mom before he kicked her out. How can someone like this even be called a pastor? Is religion all about control now? anyone else have church horror stories

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The only horror story I've heard recently is my nephew was going to a Southern Baptist church and he told me a Sunday School teacher was fired for refusing to wear dresses to church (she wore slacks) I don't know how much more there is to that story though...

Sounds like your Mom is better off leaving now and finding herself a better church.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 1:29 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• One word for you.... Jezebel Spirit has hit that church and the Pastor doesnt see it. If he doesnt deal with his wife soon, she will destroy that church.... I am not one to speak negative but I have seen it happen first hand which is WHY my husband no longer follows Jesus. I ask that you have your mom pray and intercede for that church.... spirit of manipulation, control and lying spirit are all what the Jezebel Spirit is... its NASTY and the ONLY person that can really rid of it is the Pastor... ( Jehu was a type of a pastor) If you want to know more read 1 and 2 Kings about Jezebel, Ahab, Elijah and Jehu. Trust me I have seen this destroy lives.

Note to the unbelievers who will attempt to respond.... be wise.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:37 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• OP HERE The pastor has a mean hateful spirit and he knows his wife lies she told mom one day that she will lie to get her way then repent for it later. mom cried for months when this happened because her heart was in this church. she cleaned it when they wouldnt she visited the sick when they wouldnt (They got mad for that too) When people would call her for prayer or share a trial they was jealous. They wanted total control. He even said his wife has to sing at least 5 songs before he could preach so he could feel the spirit of God. ITS JUST MESSED UP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• There are as many church horror stories out there as there are churches.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:55 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• This is exactly why I stopped believing in organized religion, it's all about greed. My husband did some work for a Catholic church and the priest ripped him off. The priest went out and bought the biggest most expensive flat screen t.v. he could find (to watch marriage videos on) and a blue ray DVD player to go with it, and a brand new security system, (for my husband to install) all with the churches money and when the work was done he refused to pay my husband. My husband had also made a new website for the church, when he refused to give it to him until we got paid he called the police on us and had people coming to our house making threats. We finally gave up getting paid.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 5:53 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Oh gosh, yes, I have major horror stories for you. Not quite as bad as what youre mom went through, but close. Church has become a lot about politics and heirarchy. The key to it is finding a church that does its best to seek God in all circumstances and a Pastor that has a love for God. It wont eliminate ALL problems, but it does help combat some of that. Organized religion is not inherently evil but its whats in peoples hearts that make it so. Just remember, that even in the name of God...people are still people. They are full of insecurity, evil, and selfish. Thats why we need God. Aside from him...we can do no good thing. It would all be in vain and in our own strength. Tell your mom to shake it off and move on. Dont even look back. Hopefully she wont allow this to shake her faith. There are good churches out there and good pastors, but we need to remember they are human too. Hang in there!!
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:32 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Like I said in your first post on this...Time to find another church. No need in staying where you aren't obviously wanted. KWIM?
    pr0udm0m_0f_3

Answer by pr0udm0m_0f_3 at 3:49 PM on Jul. 10, 2009