swinging to sleep

my 2 month old loves her swing. whe shes fussy i put her in it and it calms her down, she falls a sleep and i go to put her in her crib, but the moment i realizes shes not in her swing she flips. i hate that shes so dependent on bein rocked to sleep by the swing. ive tryed to just let her cry it out but shes get to the point of bein so choked up by cryin she can bearly breath threw the screams. help please

liltexchick

Asked by liltexchick at 1:40 AM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• when my son was that age we had the same issue briefly. we skipped a nap or 2 and let him get really, really exhausted.... and then went for a drive. He zonked in his carseat and we quickly and quietly moved him from carseat to crib. I don't know about long term but it might work once or twice for u
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:49 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Just let her sleep where she is most comfortable. As long as there is a head rest for her and you can buckle her in she will be fine and both baby and mommy can rest :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• My daughter was the same way. We just let her sleep in it. As she got to be about 4 or 5 months, she had no problem with her crib. My guess is your child will grow out of it too.
    TCliffman

Answer by TCliffman at 1:54 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• does your bouncer you got vibrate? When Gwen is super fussy I put a pillow in her bouncer and turn it on vibrate and let her sleep in it.. Cause like you know she has the same problem of when she realizes she isn't with me she wakes up crying.. That seems to work cause if she wakes up and sees I'm on the couch by the bouncer she will let herself fall back asleep. Hope this works for your sweet little Bronwen :)
    Faeriebrat

Answer by Faeriebrat at 2:27 AM on Jul. 10, 2009