Is it bad that My 12yo. DD. shaves her legs and everything else down below?

I knew She had been shaving her legs but today I saw her shaving everything else, She said she feels better like that. I told her to stop. Is that normal? She was getting pretty hairy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• let her go whats it going to hurt it makes her feel better. she was probably talking with other girls and they did it or something. must be cool now a days lol
    letlovegrow

Answer by letlovegrow at 1:59 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I would let her do it if she wants , I started shaving it all at that age also, and still do LOL!
    Brittsmama

Answer by Brittsmama at 2:02 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• jut tell her it will itch lol and boy does it. i i a comfort thing maybe she could be consernd with personal hygiene ie: odor. let her it wont hurt nothing
    BlendedMommy009

Answer by BlendedMommy009 at 2:05 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Leave her alone. There is nothing wrong with what she is doing. It is a personal choice. I would tell her that when the hair grows back down there, it is very itchy!!! It is not hurting anything or anyone.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:43 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I"m an old mawmaw...lol, but from talking to my neices who are in their late teens, it seems that is the thing to do now. I"d let her go, it won't hurt anything.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:10 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• It's a personal choice, let her do it. I started shaving there about that age too.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 2:10 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I don't understand that! I hate shaving my legs period much less anything else! I did my feet and toes once. :) And I do trip for bathing suits and for hubby sometiems, but it feels yuckys to save and I get bumps. Nothing wrong with it, it's her choice. But I had heard that the hair is there to help prefent infections -- I'd imagine in today's society it's not as funcation kinda like wisdom teeth :)
    Anonymous

• My DD has been shaving it all also, She is on the swim team at school and said it looks and feels better shaved, I asked looks better to whom? she just said all the girls shave now.
    Anonymous

• oh wow..my DD is 9 and i wont let her shave till shes a freshman...she starts early shes gonna look like daddys beard
    Anonymous

• As long as nobody's lookin' at it! I see no problem.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2009