When do babies sleep through the night?

I know it varies per child, I was just wondering if maybe I can get an idea.

littlecupcake

Asked by littlecupcake at 2:06 AM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• mine was a month old and still does shes 7 months now, i got very lucky im told
    letlovegrow

Answer by letlovegrow at 2:15 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• my son started around 3 1/2 months but he has to have a binky when he sleeps so he wakes up for that about 3 times during the night but I don't have to feed him any more. You can start to feed a lil cereal to your lil one if you want to help satisfy the hunger in the night. Thats what I finally did and it seemed to help. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• man I must've got the tough kid lol my daughter was a preemie she came home at two months old and the nurses had her well trained lol she would sleep through the night. My little boy though, he's already six months lol is giving him a pacifier something you should do(instead of milk) to get him ready to start sleeping through the night?
    littlecupcake

Answer by littlecupcake at 2:29 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Your mileage WILL vary. And so will baby's sleeping pattern in year one...it's the rare baby who keeps the same one all thorugh.

Mine technically still doesn't sleep through the night, and he's almost ten YEARS old! he still wakes up and goes back to sleep. He started sleeping longer stretches when I stopped worrying about his sleep and went with it. I wised up around age two.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:52 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Jess, they sleep through the night when you teach them to sleep through the night! :-)
    cmb0414

Answer by cmb0414 at 9:25 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Sleeping through the night is sleeping for 6 hours straight, so if you baby sleeps from 9 - 3, that's sleeping through the night. My oldest slept from 10 pm till 5 am at 2 months old. My youngest sleeps from 8 pm - 3 am, nurses and then sleeps again until 5-6 am. And she has been doing that since she was 2-3 months old. She is now 5 months. So it varies I guess.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 10:42 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• All kids are different. We were lucky. My son slept through the night from day 1. With the twins it took about 2 or 3 months. We play soft music for the girls when they go down. It helps them wine down. We also gave them a bottle of water just because they liked to suck but wouldn't take a pacifier.
    kristen147

Answer by kristen147 at 2:40 PM on Jul. 10, 2009