Is it unusual to loose 15 pounds in a month?

I started off weighing 245pnds and then after about 3 months I went to 235 pnds and last month I was 235 pnds and this month I'm 220 pnds.I just take medium short walks 3 times a day and I've started swimming which I know has helped take it off.I've been eating more vegetables and writing down all that I eat and I still cheat and eat fattening foods but continnue to diet afterwards.I have been on a on going diet like this for 6 months, also I ride my bike alot.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• if your doing all that then no it's not unusual.

Good job!!! I need to start doing something cuz I gained 60 pounds with my boy and I miss my body and I just look at all my small cloths haning in my closet hoping that would motivate me but no.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:34 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• What I have been doing is eating the same foods everyday for 2 weeks,everyday it's a hard boiled egg,chicken drumstick,snacks are 1/2c. of steamed brocolli, and a red leaf salad with lemon sometimes a tbsp. of reduced fat and carb salt dressing.I was eating All bran cereal and 2% milk but have stopped the cereal because I'm eating more eggs,toast,and oatmeal sometimes oat crisp for breakfast and blueberries or black berries.Knowing what I will eat everyday has taken the stress away from me and has made loosing weight easier.I also eat homemade lentil soup on Sundays and eat it throughout the week it lasts 2 weeks in the fridge so it's a fast and filling food.I eat chicken breast1/2c or a ounce with brown rice for lunch with 1/2c. of black or northern white beans and for dinner I have a 1c. of salmon with 1/2c. of wheat noodles, I always have a cup of tea or coffee with my meals.I have just discoverd fat -free fudge bars.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I have for the past 6 months been eating string cheese sticks but now I'm going to eat 1/2 of one because even though I practice low carb I believe low fat works too,so if the one string cheese is 6 gr. of fat in half it's only 3 and so I have been thinking that I like better the full fat foods than fat free, so cutting them in half will help me also.I have just discovered low fat ice cream except this one is dryers chocolate brownie yogurt which tastes just as good as ice cream. I have on my diet eaten full fat ice cream sandwiches and chocolate covered ice cream cones and I ate like almost 10 of them in a 6 months time. I have been eating and have finished off 3 bags in 6 months of walnuts and pecans and snack on them occasionally.I ate margarine which has 11 grams of fat a tbsp and believe me I would sometimes add more to my meals than just a tbsp but since then I have cut back on the margarine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:19 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I just bought I can't believe it's not butter spray, and spray it on my foods to give it flavor it doesn't really taste like butter but it does satisfy, I use less margarine this way.I have tried other margarines in lower fat also.I'm pretty amazed that I'm down to 220, I kinda don't see how eating all that sugar and fat occasionally but I have been eating more fruits and vegetables and having a steady diet over time does pay off.My goal weight is 180 pnds and then I want to be 160 pnds!I'm 6'2 and that's a healthy weight for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I ment to mention I was eating only 2 vegetables a day,steamed brocolli 1c. for a snack usually at bedtime and a salad. I will eat these for 2 weeks everyday,except I went up to 4 vegetables and felt good and clean inside but if I do that I get burned out on vegetables so I will do that 1 or 2 x's a week.I eat low carb vegetables that are more filling because they have protein.I will eat zuccuni spears,celery,frozen string beans, green bell pepper, and brussel sprouts occasionally raw cauliflower.I switch 2 different vegetables for every 2 weeks so I don't get bored of vegetables.As long as I'm eating them I'm on a diet and it's really easy for me to not eat them at all all day long for days.If I want to get 4 servings of vegetables in my day I have to eat them for breakfast.For breakfast I sauteed 1/2 c. of frozen green beans and 1/2c. of mushrooms, then eating my salad and brocolli is easier.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I should mention too I eat roasted salted sunflower seeds occasionally throughout the week the ones in the shells,since I have a illness that demands fat for my energy these work the best also cube steak and chicken breast, so I eat all these things and I'm able to loose but I have tried to cut back on the seeds and the cube steak and eat only small bites which has helped I'm sure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:48 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Also I eat whole wheat pancake mix and when I stopped eating white flour and sugar products I noticed the weight coming off.There's tons of stuff I eat but the most part It's always the hbegg and chicken drumstick,brocolli and salad that stays with me no matter what. I avoid bread and if I do I have one slice or eat the crusts.I eat natural p/b and reduced sugar grape jelly and 50/50 strawberry jelly sugar free.I eat occasional cottage cheese.Wheat pasta bothers me and I think I've noticed weight gain from it but I will eat it sparingly.I eat wasa rye or multi grain crackers and will eat a half can of tuna as a snack.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:57 AM on Jul. 10, 2009